Monday, January 3, 2011

My First Blog

Ok...this is it.  My very first blog.  Last night I told my husband that I was thinking about blogging.  He just smiled and shook his head at me.  See, the thing is...my husband knows me well.  I often have these great ideas.  I get really excited about something, talk a lot about it, get all geared up, do it once or maybe even twice and then I get distracted by the next great idea.  No offense to my mom, but I think this runs in the family.


So today I spent more time mulling over this whole idea.  If I'm going to do this, I want to make sure that I prove my husband wrong and stick with it.  ha!  So I started thinking about what I would like to blog about.  I'd like to blog about my children and family, my crafting and quilting, my relationship with Christ and my role as a pastor's wife.  So how do I lump all of those things into one title?  It took me awhile.  (Did you know that it's hard to find a name for your blog that isn't already taken?)  Anyway, I came up with the word "growing" because that's what I want to do.  I want to grow in each of these areas of my life.  I want to be a better mother and wife.  I want to learn more and do more with my hobby of quilting.  I desire to reach new heights in my relationship with Christ and I desperately want to improve upon loving those in my church with the love of God.


So if you're interested...join me for the ride.  Sometimes my posts might just be funny things that my boys say or do and sometimes it might be an insight from my personal time with God.  I'll be happy...just so long as I'm Growing Along the Way.

3 comments:

  1. no offense taken...you get it from me. Sorry, but it will get worse as you get older. Nice start.

    Mom
    http://www.inrainbowcolors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to the blog world marcia! :) i have enjoyed it since my senior year in college. did you know you can even get your blogs printed in a book? a wonderful way to capture your memories through the years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I forgot how much I enjoy your writing, Marcia! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete