Sunday, January 16, 2011

I Love My Church!

Caleb snuggled up and watching Scooby.
I haven't been to church in TWO weeks.  Let me tell you, it's been a long two weeks and I still have another 6 days until I have a chance to go again!  Last Sunday our services were canceled due to the snowy weather and roads.  This week Caleb and Eli are sick, so I had to stay home with them.  (For some reason Denver thinks that because he's the pastor....he's unable to be the one to stay home!   Sheesh!) 

Anyway, the boys and I had a good time together.  We cuddled, played the Wii, read books and watched Scooby Doo.  I even got to sew a little bit.  I enjoyed the quiet time with my two little guys, but I miss church.  There is just something about walking in the front door and being greeted by people who smile at me and are happy to see me.  It's comfortable and welcoming.  It's almost like coming home.  There is a peace and joy that fills my soul when it's time for worship...when my church family joins together and lifts their voices in praise to our Mighty God.  There's a love I feel when the Lord speaks to me and I go to the alter to pray and I know that there are people in their seats praying for me.

I love the people in my church.  I love the way that they love and care for my family.  The way that they talk to and listen to my boys.  I love how there are those that know my "I'm fine" isn't really true so they hug me and pray for me.  I love knowing that there is a person to call when I need a laugh or funny story, when I need someone to listen, when I need a recipe...such simple things, but things that God has blessed my family with by using our church.  I love my church.  I thank God for blessing my family with such incredible people and I can't wait to get back there next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment