Monday, January 24, 2011

Log Cabin Quilt - Almost done!

Eli is already enjoying it.
I started quilting several years ago when Denver and I moved back up to Northern Indiana and Denver became the pastor of a church here.  My mom and the other ladies here have a Sewing B twice a month.  Some of them quilt, some knit or crochet, some scrapbook, some do needle work, and sometimes we just all get together and talk.  It's always a lot of fun.

Log Cabin Quilt Top



I knew nothing when I started, but my mom and the other ladies have taught me a lot.  I really enjoy it now and I'm learning to mix and match things to make my own patterns.  I just make what I like.  I've made several bedsize quilts, lap quilts and baby quilts, but I've never kept one for our family until now.  This one is going to be for our family room.  I finished the top of this log cabin quilt last night.  It still needs a border before I quilt it, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

I also have a baby quilt that is ready to quilt.  I'll post a picture of it after I give it away as a gift.  I wouldn't want to spoil the surprise for the parents to be!

If you live in the area and want to join us for our Sewing B's, please let me know and I'll get you the information.  We'd love to have you!

2 comments: