Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Our Story

Today marks our Eighth Anniversary.  I posted this on Facebook today and was very blessed by all those who took the time to wish us happy anniversary.  We are very fortunate to know so many people who care about us. 

Our Wedding Day
February 1, 2003
As I was reading the comments, the one that stuck with me the most was from a family member who wrote, "wow!  a lot has happened in 8 years."  She's right.  A lot has happened.  What really drove it home though are the names of all the people that commented on my post.  Most of them are people that Denver and I have met and known along those 8 years.  We've been in a lot of places, hit a lot of valleys, climbed a lot of mountains and been blessed beyond belief. 

We have served in three churches, lived in eight different houses/apartments, had three handsome boys, lost a special uncle, went through illnesses with my mom and Denver's mom, lost Denver's mom, gone on mission trips, bought our first home and on and on and on...  These are just a few big things off of the top of my head.  We been through and done a lot. 

As I sit and think about this tonight I find I am so thankful that God led me to Denver.  I am so thankful that I was able to do all these things and go through all of these things with my best friend.  I am thankful to be married to a man of God, a wonderful father, a loving husband, a caring pastor, a loyal friend.  I am thankful to be married to a man that always tries to do the right thing even when it's hard or uncomfortable.  To a man who encourages me to be better.  I am truly blessed.

So now that I've been all mushy about our marriage, I'll leave you with a funny story.  Are you interested in why we were married on February 1st?  Two reasons.  First, the date would have been my maternal grandparents 50th anniversary.  Second, the lease on Denver's apartment ran out on January 31st and he was going to need a place to stay.  ha!  True story!

1 comment:

  1. awww! I was telling someone the other day about how you guys met during the training where you had to restrain each other! :)

    ReplyDelete