Sunday, March 6, 2011

Oh, What A Week!

Whew!  We made it.  Last weekend I went to Quilt Camp (more about that later).  On the drive home last Sunday I spoke with Denver on the phone.  He told me that Caleb had been throwing up all day....beginning that morning in the nursery.  Ewww....I know.  I felt so bad for not being there.  The poor little guy hasn't thrown up since he was a baby, so he had no idea what was going on.  I was anxious to get home to him. 

I later found out that Eli had gotten sick the night before, but everyone thought that it was because he had gotten a hold of a whole bag of peperoni without any one's knowledge.  I think that would make me sick too.  Sneaking a bag of peperoni is a typical Eli behavior.  He's into much more than his older brothers ever thought about.

On Monday both Eli and Caleb seemed mostly better.  Overnight Monday, I got sick and by Tuesday morning Denver was sick too.  Three young boys with two sick parents does not for a good time make.  Of course I hadn't been to the grocery store since coming back from camp, so our kitchen was pretty bare.  Thankfully my dad dropped us off some bread one afternoon and my friend Erica brought over some crackers and some Sprite.  By Thursday morning we were mostly recovered.

Then Thursday night Ben came downstairs to our room and said, "My tummy hurts".  Denver was out of bed before I could blink and rushed Ben to the bathroom.  By Friday morning, Ben was fine and begging us to eat everything in the house.  He was also mad at us because we wouldn't let him go to school.  While Ben seemed fine, Eli started with some pretty nasty diapers again.

So now it's finally Sunday again.  Eli is getting better, but we didn't think it was a good idea to be sending our germ infested children to church just yet.  So the boys and I are home today. 

We've had a good morning.  We raced cars down the track and separated them by which ones could jump the loop.  We played numerous hands of Toy Story Uno.  I made cookies and the boys ate them.  We read a story out of our Bible Story Book.  The boys played their Leapsters and I cleaned the kitchen.  Finally the boys ate lunch and are now watching part of Space Chimps while they wait for Daddy to get home from church.  When he gets here we're going to have our Official Sunday Afternoon Family Nap Time. 

It's been a great morning with minimal fighting between brothers, but I miss church.  I can't wait to get back next week for service....or...errr...ummm....I'm in the nursery next week.  I hope none of the kids throw up in there on MY week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment